Monday, June 30, 2008

The Euros are Coming

Recently I was walking down the block and came across this interesting sign advertising an available condo. Now if I was in…let’s say Italy, and saw this I would not of thought it strange because the cost is displayed in Euros. However, I was not in Italy – I was not even in Europe – I was walking in downtown Manhattan.



Appealing to the European consumer is nothing in New York as many retailers in the Hamptons – New York’s posh weekend destination – have been accepting Euros.

Today, the power of online marketing eliminates distance as a major obstacle in reaching the international consumer. As the dollar continues to decline, American companies that do not have a strong international presence should look towards the internet to drive growth in a difficult economy. There is tremendous opportunity and you don't have to sink huge dollars into a program to see whether it works.

No comments: